Adam Kohl is a freelance naturalist available for a range of services utilizing his experiences in field botany, habitat design, native plant horticulture, conservation, entomology, art, and education. Adam is currently observing and recording nocturnal moth flower-visitations in collaboration with Dr. Robert Gegear at UMass Dartmouth.
- Field botany
- Habitat planning
- Horticultural consulting
- Nocturnal Lepidoptera surveys
- Plant ID walks
- Seed collection
- Edible plants & preparation
- Custom nursery grows
- Private & group lessons
- Owner and Operator of a native plant nursery, habitat design, and consulting business (2016+).
- Researcher of nocturnal moth flower-visitation observations in collaboration with Dr. Gegear at UMass Dartmouth (2019+)
- Conservation Agent for Town of Wendell, MA (2019+); Voting Member (2016-’19).
- Seed Collector for Native Plant Trust (Independent contractor. 2019, ’20).
- Field Botanist & Horticultural Consultant for Landscape Interactions (Independent contractor. 2019, ’20).
- Volunteer Contributor of 250+ different moth species records to Mass Moths Project. (2018+)
- Presenter at NOFA conference on native plant propagation (2018, ’19, & ’20); Seed collection walks and sowing demonstrations (2019).
- Flower-visiting Insects of Wendell, MA. surveys/monograph (2016+) with Bill Stubblefield
- Pollinator habitat design with Moosewood Ecological for Army Corps of Engineers at Otter Brook. Roxbury, NH (2016-’17).
- Field Botanist for Betsy Von Holle’s nitrogen deposition and Corema conradii regeneration studies. Cape Cod Natl. Seashore (2016, ’20, ’21).
- Volunteer contributor to Vascular flora of Franklin County, Massachusetts. (Bertin, R. I., M. G. Hickler, K. B. Searcy, G. Motzkin, and P. P. Grima.) Special Publication of the New England Botanical Club, Cambridge, MA. (2016+)
- Propagation & Nursery Assistant / Plant Sales Coordinator. New England Wild Flower Society (now Native Plant Trust) (2014-’16).
- Completed coursework at New England Wild Flower Society (now Native Plant Trust). On ferns, grasses, lichens, systematics, wildflowers, shrubs, seeds, horticulture, etc. (2012-’15).
- Owner and Operator of a fine-gardening and design business. Jamaica Plain, MA (2009-2013).
- Artist: recording, performing, visual, conceptual, and curating (1997+)